Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I WON!

I won the chili contest. I will admit that I was pretty surprised. One person made a mole sauce as her base, another used corn and other concoctions... 9 contestants total. I came out on top with 4 whoppin votes. Which is not that many, considering there were like 25 people in the room. But a few of them didn't vote (including myself - because if I had I would have had 5 votes. I'm not afraid to vote for myself. It was good food).

So what they didn't tell us before this whole thing started was that we have to take our ingredients to the site and make the chili there. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I don't cook well under pressure and I don't want all these people coming up asking how things are going. It might be fun, though. And if I win? WOO HOO! You'll never hear the end of it.

2 comments:

AL Ruano said...

Congrats! This whole chilly thing reminds me of that Simpsons episode with the Guatemalan Chili that hits Homer :D

Anonymous said...

Congrats! That's really cool. Or really hot. Your choice :)