Sunday, November 09, 2008

My Version of Tim Gunn's Guide to Style

Let me clarify up front that I love Tim Gunn. He's like a man version of Miss Manners. Who doesn't love a man with impeccable taste?

However, I must confess: I'm not the most fashion forward. I don't always see the sense in some of Tim's reasonable instructions. With no further ado, I give you:

Emily's 10 Essential Items

- Little black bra with a wire poking out
- Fleece hoodie
- Off-black pleated bicycle pants (the ones that wrap tight at your ankles)
- Slightly gray tshirt that has hit the wash with towels too many times
- Jean shorts
- Cashmere? Are you kidding? Rayon-nylon blend, baby!
- Skirt-culottes
- Moo-Moo, a cotton robe, and bunny slippers
- Sweat suit. Hanes Her Way, Walmart

(Second confession: these are not really my ten essentials. However, I did buy a sweatshirt this week. Does this put me in the running for Tim's assistance?)

No comments: